Friday, September 27, 2013

The number is seven

7+ is the number of my existence and I'm counting in minutes to it.
At 7 I broke my right arm at 17 I cease to exist to my mother
I became one in whom she saw nothing but disappointments
At 27 I became a masters degree holder
At 37 I was compelled to leave 
Every known surroundings

I hope not to end up on the negative side of one dear
A man who gave and received death as a reward.

YET
I am at the point where I can also celebrate
I can say truly ...
 I still have a song to tell
I am proud to be a Christ follower
For I am one who has lived by grace and  faith
I am one who has seen all harsh life realities
Little joys given and received
Little hopes given and received
Little presences accepted and denied
I am proud to have few true friends
And ones I can really call family
By the Lord of the Spoken Word

Yet
I may not qualify
In society's school and class
I am qualified by God's senate
His standard is raised up for me.
I am sooo determined to ride
Into the clouds of my destiny
And at the end wave the victor's flag.

No comments:

Post a Comment