Tuesday, December 18, 2012

BURNING THOUGHTS


I can't stop thinking about all who have gone ahead. 
Those who have taken their place at their own mansions. 
Those who have fought the good fight and have truimphed. 
Those who surrendered their flesh and not their spirits. 
Those who stood till our today became.
And to us who fear what others can do. 
Who cower in the corners our rooms 
Whisper our amens in rasped echoes.
Who want to desperately belong to high powered groups
Who crave these glittering wealth 
That evaporates in its touch like the dew
I ponder daily of my actions,thoughts and deeds
I weep in within for the lack of virtues
Adorning the place where all walks alight
And the works that seem not to make impact
So I wonder when O! when will I be able to forget?

No comments:

Post a Comment